This document is available as a PDF for download or printing here.
Our commitment to you
Welcoming back guests to Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast has never been far from our minds, and since we closed the doors back in March, we haven’t lost hope of this being a reality this Summer.
The positive over the past weeks has been the time to make improvements and focus on how re-opening will look like both for Guests and for us to achieve the right balance of warm hospitality and sensible Social Distancing measures.
At Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast, we have always had the highest cleaning standards possible. We have implemented additional measures in the face of Covid-19 to ensure you feel safe and secure when staying with us. We are confident that these extra cleaning steps and precautions make our B&B a safer place to stay, so that you can enjoy your time in the Cotswolds.
If the information below does not answer your questions or concerns, then please speak to us directly by telephoning us on 01386 853681 or emailing us at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you back to Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast soon.
Mick and June Figg,
Owners and Managers, Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast
Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast has always had a high standard of service, housekeeping and health & safety.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic these standards have been enhanced. The changes implemented are based on the guidance received from HM Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice including from UK Hospitality.
Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, practices will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a Public Health issue, only through the collective efforts of us and our Guests can we successfully combat the spread of Covid-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
Mick and June are the managers as well as the owners so will be on hand throughout your stay.
Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast will be private
To be present on the premises, you either need to be a Guest or Team member. The only other people allowed on the premises will be if a workman is required, for instance an electrician or plumber, and they will be health screened in the same manner as Guests.
With only 8 bedrooms, the maximum number of people in Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast at any one time is low.
Enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures
All Team members will:
- wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) on a regular and frequent basis.
- stay at home if unwell.
- follow official guidance on self-isolating.
- wear PPE as appropriate.
- follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain Social Distancing, wherever possible.
Our Valued Guests
- If you have / have symptoms of Covid-19, you should not attend.
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has / may have Covid-19 or has been asked to self-isolate, you should not attend.
- At all times, please maintain Social Distancing from those not in your household.
- When you arrive, please use the Hand Sanitiser by the front door and please use it every time you enter. You are also welcome to use it whenever you leave the premises and at all times in between.
- Payment will be taken on arrival by credit / debit card ensuring Social Distancing at all times. Cash will not be accepted, unless arranged by prior agreement.
- Your bedroom has been cleaned with extra care and sanitised using an anti-viral spray.
- Non-essential items have been removed to minimise any contamination risk.
- In order to reduce single use plastic, we changed some time ago to refillable shower gel bottles, etc, and we have retained these, but special attention will be given to their cleaning.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom.
- Due to the Covid-19 restrictions currently in place, some services and facilities are unfortunately limited or not available.
- If you feel you cannot achieve Social Distance while in our common areas, please feel welcome to use a face covering.
- Should you have concerns either before you arrive or during your stay related to our Covid-19 procedures or any other matter, please do not hesitate to speak to June who is the specified person for the purpose.
At Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained.
- Social Distancing measures will be in place in all common areas.
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce the Social Distancing message.
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas showing specified ‘Passing Points’ where Social Distancing can be maintained whilst passing other Guests and Team members.
- There will be an enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas.
- Hand Sanitiser will be provided by the front door. Guests have access to hand washing facilities at all times in their own bedrooms.
- Daily servicing of bedrooms has been suspended. Bed linen / towel changes will be available on request for Guests staying 4 nights or more. Guests to vacate room and ventilate prior to Team member entering.
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Door knobs, light switches, etc).
- All bedding and towels will be sanitised by washing at the approved 60 degrees. In addition, we will be washing pillow protectors and mattress protectors upon each Guest checking-out.
- June is our designated, responsible contact person for all Guest and Team Covid-19 related queries
Food and Beverage
- We have reduced the number of tables in the Breakfast room.
- Everything will be brought to you, from cutlery, crockery and condiments, freshly sanitised for your use.
- We have suspended the buffet. Breakfast will be available as table service only.
- Single use menus will be in place OR wipe-able menus which will be wiped and sanitised after each use.
- You can rest assured that all plates, glassware, and cutlery will have been washed in our dishwasher and stored safely.
- All tables will be side-by-side so no-one is facing other Guests (except your own household).
- We have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between Guest seating periods.
- Breakfast hours may be extended during higher occupancy periods.
- Hand washing is continuous and rigorous in our kitchen.
Our Business Partners
- Visitors and contractors will be received onto the premises by appointment only.
- If you have / have symptoms of COVID-19, you should not attend.
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has / may have COVID-19 or has been asked to isolate, you should not attend.
- Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises.
- Access to back of house areas restricted to Team only.
Guest Experience and Facilities
- Our check in and out procedure will be on the basis of Social Distancing between Guest/s and Team members.
- Please bear in mind that due to new procedures, check-in may take longer than before.
- Games, puzzles, etc. are on request and to be arranged in advance to assure sanitisation between use.
- Luggage handling will be modified to ensure the safety of our Guest/s and Team members.
Our Team’s commitment to you
- All Team members are required to:-
- Stay home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing
- Maintain Social Distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate
- Follow Apple Tree’s COVID-19 Secure procedures
- Our Team have and will receive ongoing information and training.
- Our Team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes.
We ask that, as a Guest at Apple Tree Bed and Breakfast, you commit to:
- If you have / have symptoms of Covid-19, you will not attend.
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has / may have Covid-19 or has been asked to self-isolate, you will not attend.
- From the time of arrival until your departure, please maintain Social Distancing from those not in your household.
- Make use of the Hand Sanitiser upon entry, and wash your hands frequently.
If, in the unfortunate case, you have any Covid-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note that for the safety of our Guests and the safety of our Team, any Guests displaying symptoms consistent with Covid-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home.
Hand Sanitiser will be available throughout your stay, in addition to hand washing facilities in your own bedroom.
We ask that everyone respects the Social Distancing guidance, because we have respect for you and want you to remain well.
What stays the same is our wish to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Travel safe, stay alert and stay well.